I am a curly-haired, brown-eyed girl, who loves chocolates and cats. Ah, and yes, I wear glasses. I’ve been wearing glasses since the 4rth grade, it’s really hard imagining life without them. Believe me, being a four-eyed person can sometimes be really hard and at times really funny for instance,
1) You must have probably seen in movies that the first thing that people do after waking up is that they look at their cell phones to check the time. However, when I wake up, I have to first look for my glasses to find my cell phone which must have definitely taken a walk under my bed last night.
2) Glasses have a really bad habit of disappearing, the invention I would love the most right now would be “Glasses designed to find glasses”
3) Being a four-eyed person can make you miss the fun sometimes like your favorite drama is being aired and the scene in which the lead actor is going to get shot is coming, but you can’t find your glasses. Believe me, you won’t find them before the actor has been shot several times and the actress hasn’t stopped crying a bucket of tears during the funeral service.
4) My glasses have become such a necessity for me that I run around the house looking like a lunatic rabbit, only to find them later on, sitting on my nose. (Especially when I look in the mirror)
5) For a short period, I used to wear contacts. One day however I was in such a hurry that one of the contacts got drained in the sink. I had no time so I went without them, all I saw that day weren’t people but multicolored blobs.
6) People tell me that my eyes are really pretty and I shouldn’t wear glasses. In other words, they are politely telling me that glasses make my big raccoon-like eyes look like tiny beads. I however doubt that if I crash into a wall or fall down the stairs they’d take the blame for giving such bad advice. So if you don’t want to lose any of your teeth and be called toothless wear your glasses proudly.
7) When your friends and siblings wag their fingers asking how many fingers they are holding up, they think you’re completely blind, little do they not know that you can perfectly see their stupid smiles.
These were some of the funny things that a lot of four-eyed people must have encountered. However putting aside the humor, having a perfect vision is a blessing, so for those people who don’t have to wear glasses take care of your eyes and thank God that you can see people properly, instead of dancing blobs.